New mom in Saitama

• Author
  • Hello and thank you for creating this space for everyone to connect and support each other!

My name is Zia and I’m a new mom, my first born being only a week old as i write this. I’m from Puerto Rico and have been living in Japan for 8 years now.

My husband has a large family and we live near his family home. Many of my coworkers have been amazing as well. Luckily, we have a lot of support on this new adventure.

Truth be told, I was a work-a-holic before becoming pregnant so I’ve not had many hobbies aside from going for tea with friends to chat. Becoming pregnant and now having given birth, I’ve had to slow down. I still have a love for jogging, dancing and kick-boxing but I also recently find myself enjoying reading, cooking, and gardening.

I’m also in Saitama 🙂

at #7368

Hi Zia, thank you so much for joining.

A week-old baby! Congratulations! How are you feeling? It’s wonderful that you have a lot of support around you, especially during this time. And it looks like you may have another friend nearby (thanks for your comment, Pilaf!).

I hear you about being a workaholic, I was as well (and hence I also do not have many hobbies, apart from this blog I suppose)! You’re quite an active person, kickboxing sounds like an especially intensive but exciting hobby!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.