Medicine/First Aid Kit

• Author

My baby is 2 months old and got her first small scrape. 🙁

I was wondering if anyone has any product recommendations for a basic first aid kit for a baby? A kit that would include something like Neosporin? I looked through all of her documents from City Hall and can’t find anything about this. She also had her first set of vaccinations and I was wondering if there is any fever reducer medication for babies available in Japan?

at #7841

Hi midorisour!

Thanks for joining the forum and posting a question. I’m sorry for the late response, I hope it’s not too late.

Usually doctors prescribe fever-reducing medicine, and for a baby that’s 2 months old, I would recommend going to a doctor first just to be safe. You can also buy Bufferin medication from any drug store, which is safe for babies 3 months and up:

https://www.bufferin.net/products/kids-cold.htm

There’s an orange one with ねつ on it, which should help reduce a fever.

As for first aid, I believe you’ll need to make one on your own but regarding something like Neosporin, you can use マキロンs sparingly. It comes in both a liquid and an ointment.

If you want some ideas as to what to put in your first aid kit, I think my post below on disaster kits may be helpful:

Earthquake Preparedness in Japan with Children

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.